Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Home




Why I waited so long to fall in love with my natural hair?!

Hi, my name is Vernessie from Victorville, Ca. My Journey to going natural started February 6,2006. My decision to go natural stemmed from the fact that I was experiencing personal and menopausal changes in my life. I started researching in 05’ and ran across Cherie King website. I was inspired more so to go completely natural. I look as this as a lifestyle change. I am natural for life, and my only struggle so far is maintaining moisture.

I remember growing up and going through the ritual of having my hair pressed every two weeks. The agony of having to wash, comb out my nappy hair and wait for it to dry and then having it pressed on Saturday mornings. I hated it! I endured this up to the age of 12. Then the next phase was perms, which I wore for years. In 2005 I noticed that my hair was shedding more. I was a braid wearer for many years and I noticed that the synthetic hair was beginning to irritate my scalp from the constant use it itched severely.


I did my Big Chop (but I went completely bald) February of 2006 and have been natural every since. After going bald I wore wigs. As it grew out I noticed my hair type is a coily-kinky- thick, but soft with wavy pattern. From 2007 to 2008 I wore my hair in Afro, two strand twists styles mostly.

In December 2008 I decided to "braidloc" my hair. I wore that style for six years. On May 2, 2015 I decided I no longer wanted to wear my "braidlocs" so I did my 2nd Big Chop bald head and the Journey starts again. But this time around I am going to care for my hair more better then before. The locs did damage my hair. Not only my hair I am caring for different but my skin and body internally. I am embracing it all Natural Lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment